Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia is really a diverse city where many Asian cultures meet in order to create a unique mix, which you will not see anywhere else in the world. This characteristic and the inviting all-year long warm climate makes Kuala Lumpur an inviting destination for tourists of all budget. In our article, we will quickly examine the 10 top activities that you can do while you are staying in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
1. Sightseeing: This city is really inviting for tourists with its colorful streets, colonial quarter, Chinatown and Little India. Kuala Lumpur celebrates many events and has many festivals all-year long. You must check out the great diversity, culture and architecture of Kuala Lumpur together with the former tallest building in the world the Petronas Tower. Do not miss riding the Monorail that gives you the best chance to take great photos of Kuala Lumpur’s downtown area.
2. Shopping: If you stay in Kuala Lumpur, you will quickly see how inviting a destination it is for shoppers. Packed with some of the largest shopping malls of Asia, you can get everything in KL City, from luxury goods to the cheapest gadgets. As all Asian cities, KL City is rich in all and every goods. You must check out the night market in China Town, which is one of the most popular activities to do, even for the locals.
3. Relaxing: Kuala Lumpur is a great place to relax. The city is packed with beautiful parks even in its centers, which give you perfect chance to relax. In addition, the city houses some of the best spas in Asia, including the Day Life Spa and the Puri Santi Spas, each one located in the city centre, yet once you are there, it seems as if you had been on a relaxing jungle island.
4. Golf: Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia is one of the most important golf destinations of Asia. There are various quality golf courses here and golf remains to be one of the most popular activities for locals. Popular golf courses include Tibwangsa Golf Course, Kelab Golf Course. The biggest gold course of Singapore is the Royal Selangcor, which is the place of several local and international competitions as well.
5. Eating out: Kuala Lumpur is a great place for gourmets and for those who love to takes local specialties. As it is the melting pot of different Asian cultures, you can get to find great specialties in the city from all around the world. You should not miss tasting the local restaurants, such as kedai mamak (curry houses), taste roti canai (a roll similar to pancakes stuffed with meat).
6. Going out: Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia is great for going out, especially its Bangsar Street area which is the real party place full of discos and the hippest clubs in the city.
7. Excursions: Some of the best theme parks and excursion sites of Kuala Lumpur can be found outside the city, which you should not miss out on visiting in order to see the real natural beauty of this beautiful tropical country.
8. Business, meetings, exhibitions: Kuala Lumpur has a brand new World Trade Centre that is its main place for exhibitions, fairs and conferences. The town has plenty of top quality executive hotels in the area of the World Trade Centre that makes it great for any business related programs.
9. Cultural entertainment: Kuala Lumpur has a very rich cultural life with its National Museum, Museum of Islamic art and lots of smaller museums and galleries. The Kuala Lumpur musical life is developing together with its theatres where they are representing a growing number of local and international plays.
10. Formula 1: Kuala Lumpur has become excessively popular from the time its course has been implemented in the yearly Formula 1 tournaments. Yearly thousands of visitors arrive here to watch the F-1 run and this does great for the tourism of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
These are only some of the great activities to do while in Kuala Lumpur. Come and explore this magical city for yourself! Being served by one of the largest international airports in Asia, Kuala Lumpur accepts the world’s biggest airlines that all have frequent flights to Kuala Lumpur, one of the biggest and most important cities in South East Asia.